What to Know Before You Go!
We can’t wait to see you, and thousands of your telemedicine colleagues, at the Orange County Convention Center for ATA 2017! Here are some helpful details to make the most of your time in Orlando.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
- Read through our What to Know Before You Go guide
First Time attending ATA? Take a look at some newcomer tips from ATA annual conference veterans!
Print your registration confirmation email (to include the barcode) or keep the email handy on your smartphone. When you arrive, stop by a registration kiosk where we’ll scan the barcode and print your badge.
- What to pack: Attire for ATA 17 is business casual. The weather in Orlando will be in the mid- to high-80s during the day and mid-60s at night. Don’t forget a light sweater for air-conditioned meeting rooms and any nighttime events you plan on attending.
- Download the ATA 2017 Mobile App, sponsored by Zipnosis. It is packed with information about the conference, plus it shows the full conference program, your personal conference schedule, a list of conference attendees, and more. You’ll quickly come to depend on its easy convenience. All conference attendees will receive an invitation to download the mobile app or search for ATA 2017 in iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Check Out the Program
ATA 2017 Mobile App Features:
– Get details and download handouts on education sessions
– See the full conference schedule
– Message other attendees
– Search, find and “star” your must-see exhibiting companies on the exhibit floor
– Read speaker bios and exhibiting company descriptions
– Submit session evaluations
– Create your own custom ATA 2017 schedule including creating your own events during the conference
Passport to Prizes contest
Access your “digital passport” from the ATA 2017 Mobile App earn points by scanning each exhibitors booth’s QR code & completing the tasks. The more points you earn the greater number of chance to win daily prizes such as iPads, FitBit, Free Individual ATA Membership, drink tickets and more!
TRAVEL + HOTEL
- Taxi fares from the airport to the ATA contracted hotels should range between $60-$70.
- Need to modify your hotel reservation? Contact the hotel directly to change/cancel a reservation. Check your acknowledgement for the hotel’s cancellation policy and telephone number.
NEW! All badge materials will be printed onsite this year! Bring your confirmation email (with barcode) to the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) West Building Lobby D, and head for the registration kiosks. Registration hours are:
- Saturday, April 22 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday, April 23 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Monday, April 24 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Tuesday, April 25 7:00am – 3:00pm
- Download the ATA 2017 Mobile App, sponsored by Zipnosis. To download, simply search for ATA 2017 in iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- FREE wireless internet access will be available throughout the OCCC (WiFi code: Telemedicine).
- Join the social media conversation by including the hashtag #T2Telehealth in all of your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram posts!
NETWORKING + FUN
- New to ATA? Join us for the First Time Attendee’s Breakfast on Sunday, April 23, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. in Tangerine Ballroom 3. Come and network with new colleagues and meet some of the ATA Leadership. Continental breakfast will be offered.
- Join us for the Opening Reception, Sunday, April 23, from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall. There will be plenty of delicious food and drinks and Men in Black! Stop by the SUNPA Booth (#1607), to get your photo taken with the characters from the popular movie including Frank the Pug!
- Come rock out at the ATA Monday Night Social Event! Get ready to have some fun at BB King’s on Monday, April 24, from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. located in Pointe Orlando, and sponsored by Zipnosis, VitalNet, JEDMED, and VGO. Enjoy live music, great networking, and a Blues Brother photo op!
- Find your lost shaker of salt at the ATA Closing Event, sponsored by Carena at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville at Universal Studios on Tuesday, April 25 from 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Enjoy food, drinks, and live music! Buses will depart the OCCC and Hyatt starting at 3:00 p.m.
STAY HYDRATED + FED
OCCC West will feature concessions and coffee bars. There are scheduled coffee breaks and receptions throughout the conference as well as water coolers in each of the session rooms and exhibit hall.
5 TIPS FROM CONFERENCE VETERANS
- Pack for Comfort, Convenience: Wear comfortable shoes. Pack a battery phone charger. Don’t leave your hotel without business cards.
- Plan Ahead: Schedule sessions you are interested in right away. All social eventscan be a good place to network.
- Always Have a Backup Plan: Sessions can fill up quickly. Always select a plan B in case things change.
- Take Care of Yourself: Keep distance in mind when scheduling meetings. Otherwise, you will find yourself sprinting all week. Build in time to get food.
- Be Smart About the Expo Floor: Use the Expo floor layout to target key companies. Visit companies that are “musts” for your organization earlier in the week.